A diary of my newest educational adventure...

Also see Gisele's 2009 COSTA RICA BLOG at
http://faucherincostarica.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 6, 2010

On the town with Japanese friends!

Wrap up sessions in the morning, then Americans were catching flights back home. Yours truly's flight was scheduled for the red eye to Boston, departing at 10PM--a bonus day to do something in San Francisco! Though we've had great sessions on ESD, we've been cooped up at the airport Hilton, with NO time to go out for exploration. Ahh, but today, I was able to join our Japanese counterparts on their tour of SF! The lone American teacher, with a bus full of foreigners. (Can you picture it?)


Do I stand out like a sore thumb?

It was a blast! I played photographer for my Asian friends, sometimes with 15-20 cameras lined up in front of me! I had been to SF in '89, '90, and '92, when I worked in summer programs for Lawrence Berkeley Labs, so it was neat seeing the changes.

Alcatraz


Golden Gate Bridge

Fishermans Wharf, home to Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square and the famous resident harbor seals. Crowds, trinket shops, chilly breezes off the harbor, street performers, t-shirt shops, food vendors and seafood restaurants, make up this tourist mecca.

Friends went crazy with the Ghirardelli chocolate!


AT&T Park, home to the Giant's Baseball Team



Finally departed SF on a DELAYED red (now double red) eye, slept ALL the way, got into Boston just in time to miss my flight to Presque Isle, and finally got to Madawaska at 6PM Thursday.

It's been an AMAZING fast four days!

Can't wait for June 20--back to SF for two days of orientation to Japan, then Tokyo on June 22. ESD programs in Japan, homestay, playing tourist, then joint meeting #2 with the Japanese counterparts. Back home to Madawaska July 6. Will post as often as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave a comment, select "anonymous" under profile.