A diary of my newest educational adventure...

Also see Gisele's 2009 COSTA RICA BLOG at
http://faucherincostarica.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday's Plans

It's a beautiful sunny day in SF, just like yesterday. We spent over 12 hours sitting in a conference room Monday. Today, I'm taking my breaks outside!

Professor Gregory Smith from Lewis & Clark College is our first guest this morning, followed by a panel discussion on the environment. This afternoon, we'll have a presentation by Professor Dilafruz Williams of Portland State University, and the second panel discussion of the day on food and nutrition (of course all related to ESD). A third panel discussion will wrap up the afternoon's activities: energy and resources.

We leave the hotel (late afternoon) for a reception at the Residence of the Consul General of Japan in downtown San Francisco. This is a formal dinner and meeting with Mr. Yasumasa Nagamine and Mrs. Nagamine. Neat! I hope to have pics to post later tonight, but if it's anything like visiting the embassy in Costa Rica in April 2009, we had to walk through metal detectors and were told to leave the cameras behind. (Although, there was an "official" photographer.)

It's going to be a good, good day!

Mr. Vanier and I have communicated concerning my students not being able to leave comments on my blog from school. It worked last year, but apparently, things have changed a bit at blogger.com--the comments widget is blocked (students, you know the deal with BESS!). Mr. Vanier has offered an alternative, which I have not had time to try out. I'll keep you posted if and when there is an alternative. In the meantime, you can reach me via email, and I can post the comments manually temporarily. Thanks! I enjoy the comments. GTG

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to leave a comment, select "anonymous" under profile.